Yong-in Tae Kwon Do Cypress was founded by Master Han Ju An. Master An is a seventh degree black belt with over fifteen years of competitive and training experience.
His passion for improving physical fitness, mental discipline, and spiritual strength is apparent in every class he teaches. He has been a positive influence in the lives of many. His ability to reach children and adults alike has earned Yong-in Tae Kwon Do Cypress a reputation as one of NW Houston’s best martial arts schools.
Master An has been involved with martial arts for most of his life. Since he was a child, he knew he wanted to dedicate his life to martial arts. Ever since, he has proven to be a fierce competitor who believes in a principled approach to martial arts, which includes strength both in body and of personal character. His focus on respect, confidence, righteousness, discipline, and vision has made him one of the most sought after martial arts instructors in the NW Houston area.
Master An holds a Bachelors of Science degree in Physical Education with a specialty in Tae Kwon Do, from one of the premier martial arts institutions in the world, Yong-in University. Yong-in University is internationally known as the first ever college-level martial arts institution in Asia with a comprehensive curriculum in traditional Korean martial arts.
(Click here to view Master An’s impressive Resume.)
Recognized and licensed as a Certified International Master Instructor by the (WTF) World Taekwondo Federation, he has produced many champions in the martial arts, and offers extensive experience to his students gained through his involvement in training elite athletes, soldiers and Olympic hopefuls.
Some of Master An’s accomplishments include:
- Recognized by the International Olympic Committee (I.O.C) and Team USA Taekwondo Martial Arts Commission
- Member, World Tae Kwon Do Federation
- Affiliate, U.S. Haidong Gumdo Union
- Former Martial Arts Training and Drill Instructor – South Korean Marine Corps
- Former Tae Kwon Do Instructor – Yong-in University, South Korea
- Former Trainer – Korean Tigers Demonstration Team
- Consultant – Kukkiwon Demonstration Team, World Taekwondo Headquarters
- Internationally Certified Martial Arts Training Instructor
- Internationally Certified Yoga Instructor
- Certified Kickboxing Instructor
- Certified Children’s Physical Education Leader
- 7th dan Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do
- 6th dan Black Belt in Hapkido (Yongmudo)
- 5th dan Black Belt in Gwon-gyokdo (Kickboxing)
- Master in Haidong Gumdo (Sword Fighting)